Wednesday, November 29, 2006


I went back to the memories and sifted through them, and saw all the things I missed. I didn't even realize how wonderful it was back then. I almost cry everytime I remember how good it all felt, how safe I was, how wanted I was that summer. We all walked, talked, stared out into the distance- but it didn't even matter to me, I didn't care what was out there. I was embedded in so much warmness. I was always happy, even the complications made me happy. I remember the feeling. I didn't need to think too much, all there was were thoughts of hugs and love, and there were those and holding hands. I didn't change since then, I just got more experience. Everything is so new now. There's so much more now, I don't need all this newness, I'm happy living in small world with only a few people. I really am. Now there's still that love, but it's surrounded by a million other annoying things. I wish I could have stayed 15 forever and ever and ever and ever... I mean 15, with my tanel, and with all the old stuff...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

15 just held such better days...
and i was glad to be part of them

~ Summer 2004 ~

*Miriam* said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Avital said...

First of all, I really really liked that paragraph. I mean, I love ALL of your writing Miriam. But there was something really unique about that one.

Sometimes I wish that I didn't have 2 grow up. I mean I like my age the way it is now- 16 is an age where I am old enough 2 do a bunch of stuff, but I'm still a kid. And life is so confusing now, it just gets worse as u get older. No? And I agree with u and with anonymous. When we were 15 things were awesome, and last summer despite all the hard things that happened will probably be the summer that I remember the most vividly for my entire life as a summer that was powerful, taught me a lot and was fun all the same. Summer 2004 was just a really amazing summer...