Friday, May 25, 2012

יש נתק עמוק בין הדתיים לחילוניים.
נעשה שנייה מקרו, על אוכלוסייה אחת מני רבות, מתנחלים (קצת מאוד כללי, אבל בכל זאת):
הם לא חיים בערים שיש בהם כל מיני סוגים של יהודים, הם חיים ביישובים קהילתיים דתיים. לומדים עם דתיים, מסתובבים עם דתיים, רואים רק דתיים, שומעים רק דתיים. לפעמים נוסעים לקניון בעיר ורואים כל מיני אנשים שונים מסביב אבל אין הכרות איתם, אין ידע והבנה של אחרים. מבחינתם, כל מה שיש זה יהדות דתית. כל השאר- תמוה.
מישהי בת 12 שאני מכירה טוב, אמרה להורים שלה, כשהיינו באוטו בנסיעה ביחד, דבר כזה:
-הנהג שלנו (בהסעה לאולפנה), שהוא גוי,—
"איך את יודעת שהוא גוי?" אמא שלה קוטעת
רגע, גם חילוניים אוכלים לא כשר? הוא אוכל בשר וחלב. אז הוא לא גוי?

הייתי מופתעת. מאוד.


1 comment:

taltalz said...

That's really surprising, but I don't agree that it happens everywhere (sorry I'm responding so late, I haven't had a chance to stay updated on blogs recently, so I'm just reading this now). In Karnei Shomron, for example, there are religious and non religious communities, as well as mixed communities. There is a lot of diversity and mutual respect between different groups and different kinds of people, and I actually think it's really nice.
I know that it doesn't happen in every Yishuv, but I know that it does exist (and I can think of at least a couple of places besides for Karnei Shomron where I personally know there is a diverse population...) I do agree that in the smaller settlements it happens less, because the religious are usually the crazy idealistic ones who live on illegal outposts with no water or power when they first get started... But even then, it still happens (I know non religious people who have been living in Karnei for twenty or thirty years, since the very beginning.)