Monday, December 03, 2012

Three Months

Nicki, who studies with me, is one of the loveliest and smartest people in school, if not THE.
He's 26, an immigrant from Russia, and married for seven years now.
I asked him why he got married so young and he said marrying instead of being with lots of girls is what he believes the right way to live.
And we went on talking, and I asked how long he'd known his wife before they decided to get married and he said
Three Months.
And I said "What? That's a really short amount of time." I don't think that's too short an amount of time but the socially-acceptable-influence in me blurted out that surprised comment and he said:
"Three months is 90 days and is hundreds of hours. That's a long time to get to know someone."
I was so excited to hear this opinion of his because I AGREE.

When I saw Gilad I loved him. I told him that only 6 months later but I loved him all along just the same.
He didn't love me yet but I did and I eagerly hoped he'd love me and want me, too.
People may not believe me, but this is the case:
I fell in love when I first saw him. I saw him, I saw him walk, I heard him speak.
And that's it.
Six months later I confessed my strong love and he was surprised because "you hardly know me!"
I know you! I know I love you.
We started going out shortly after, and Gilad was still not decisive.
Three months later, in January, in his room in the winter on Friday night in the dark
We said-
How will we wait three years (until Gilad's release from the army) until we get married???

(In reality we waited only 2 years)

We've been married now for over two years and I'm so happy being married to the most amazingest sweetest person for me. 

And I just want to say, three months, or two months, or one month, or even a few hours, is not too little.





No comments: