Monday, February 08, 2016

Loyalty

I don't remember if I wrote this already in the past, but it's not just about loyalty to myself. It's about loyalty to all the things I believe in, write about and stand for. I believe every human should morally do what they believe is the right thing for all humans to do, in any given situation, and even moreso when one has readers or listeners, or a blog, with ideas that fever up into the air and hold a certain volume of honesty. Ever since I've started writing (age 7? And on this blog, ten years ago...) I write about freedom, happiness, fulfillment of dreams, not giving up, not compromising, letting out one's true colors and true passions; and here I was, at a crossroad, where I had to decide if those things were strong enough to make me choose something that seemed like the hardest choice ever. We all come upon these crossroads, and now I can prove, not only in bubbly words, but in true actions, that it is right to never compromise for mediocrity if we know we can have more.
I think I owe that to the myself and to the world, as being a messenger of Honesty and of Fulfillment.

2 comments:

Ben Buckman said...

"I believe every human should morally do what they believe is the right thing for all humans to do" – You should read about Kantian ethics, the "categorical imperative," it's not as individualistic as what you're saying, but has a similar universality.

*Miriam* said...

Yeah, I was thinking about mentioning Kant here, but decided not to. I learned about his theory :) But it was a while ago, and I should probably read about it again to refresh my memory... Thanks!